Thank you for your interest in the Ilagiiktunut Nunalinnullu Pivalliajutisait Kiinaujat Fund
This is an open call for applications. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis. It is recommended to submit applications at least four weeks prior to planned project start date.
The Mary River Project Inuit Impact and Benefit Agreement (IIBA) established the Ilagiiktunut Nunalinnullu Pivalliajutisait Kiinaujat Fund (Ilagiiktunut Fund). The Ilagiiktunut Fund gives money to projects that benefit Inuit communities. QIA and Baffinland Iron Mines each contribute $550,000 per year to the Ilagiiktunut Fund, for a total of $1.1 million per year.
Organizations and Inuit living in, or working with, the communities impacted by Mary River Project can apply for this Fund. These communities include Arctic Bay, Clyde River, Sanirajak, Igloolik and Pond Inlet.
The Ilagiiktunut Fund exists to support individuals and communities by / ᐃᓚᒌᒃᑐᓄᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᐃᑦ ᓴᖅᑭᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᓄᓇᓖᓪᓗ ᐃᒫᒃ:
- Creating opportunities for capacity-building and synergy with existing capacity in the communities / ᐱᕕᒃᓴᖃᖅᑎᑦᑎᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐱᔪᓐᓇᕐᓂᕆᔭᐅᔪᓂᒃ-ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᑦᑎᒃᑲᓐᓂᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᖃᕈᓐᓇᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᓴᖅᑭᔮᓕᕇᖅᑐᓂᒃ ᐱᔪᓐᓇᕐᓂᐅᔪᓂᒃ ᓄᓇᓕᖕᓂ
- Ensuring equity and fair distribution of impacts and benefits within and between communities and across generations / ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐊᔾᔨᒌᑎᑦᑎᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᓛᓐᓈᕆᓯᒪᙱᑦᑐᒥᒃ ᑐᓂᐅᖅᑲᐃᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐃᑲᔫᓯᐊᓂᒃ ᓄᓇᓕᖕᓂ ᑭᖑᕚᕇᓄᑦ
- Maintaining consistency with community development goals / ᐋᖅᑭᐅᒪᑎᑦᑎᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᓄᓇᓖᑦ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᑕᐅᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᑐᕌᒐᓕᐊᖑᓯᒪᔪᓂ
- Ameliorating social and cultural consequences if a proposed mitigation or enhancement is unsuccessful or in the event that unanticipated impacts emerge / ᐋᖅᑮᒋᐊᕈᑕᐅᔪᓐᓇᕐᓗᑎᒃ ᐃᓅᓯᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᒻᒪ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᕐᒧᑦ ᐋᖅᑭᒋᐊᕈᑎᒋᔭᐅᓇᓱᒃᑐᑦ ᑲᔪᓯᙱᑉᐸᑕ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᓂᕆᐅᒋᔭᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐊᒃᑐᐃᒍᑎᐅᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ ᓴᖅᑭᑉᐸᑕ
- Promoting understanding and learning / ᖃᑭᒋᐊᖅᑎᑦᑎᓯᒪᓂᖅ ᐃᓅᓯᕐᓅᖓᔪᓂᒃ ᐊᒻᒪ ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ
- Ensuring transparency and accountability / ᒪᑐᐃᖓᑎᐊᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓵᙵᕝᕕᖃᕐᓗᑎᓪᓗ
- Increasing opportunities for Inuit participation in the Mary River Project / ᐅᓄᖅᓯᒋᐊᕐᓗᒋᑦ ᐱᕕᓴᐅᔪᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᐃᓚᐅᔪᓐᓇᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓄᓘᔮᒃ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᖓᓂ
- Demonstrating accountability and transparency to Qikiqtani Inuit on the use of the Ilagiiktunut Fund / ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᕙᓪᓗᑎᒃ ᓵᙵᕝᕕᖃᕈᓐᓇᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᒪᑐᐃᖓᑦᑎᐊᕐᓂᕐᒥᓗ ᐊᑐᖅᑕᐅᖏᓐᓂ ᐃᓚᒌᒃᑐᓄᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᖏᑦ
- Identifying and taking advantage of opportunities to build upon new and existing strategic partnerships and leveraging funding sources from other parties / ᐃᓕᓴᖅᓯᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐱᕕᒃᓴᓂ ᑎᒍᓯᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐅᑎᒋᔭᐅᓂᐊᖅᑐᓄᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᖃᕐᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᖅᑖᕋᓱᖕᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐊᓯᖏᓐᓂᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᖅᑖᕐᕕᐅᒍᓐᓇᖅᑐᓂ
- Generating information through monitoring and evaluation that will support and enable the continued operation of the Ilagiiktunut Fund, pursuant to the IIBA / ᐊᐅᓚᑕᐅᓗᑎᒃ ᑐᑭᓯᒋᐊᕈᑎᑦ ᓇᐅᑦᑎᖅᓱᕐᓂᒃᑯᑦ ᖃᐅᔨᓴᕐᓂᒃᑯᓪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᒥᒃ ᐱᕕᖃᖅᑎᑦᑎᓂᐊᖅᑐᒥᓪᓗ ᐊᐅᓚᑕᐅᓂᖓ ᐃᓚᒌᒃᑐᓄᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᓂᒃ, ᒪᓕᓪᓗᒍ ᐃᓄᐃᒃ ᐊᒃᑐᖅᑕᐅᓂᐊᕐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐃᑲᔫᓯᐊᒃᓴᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐊᖏᕈᑎᖓ