Nunavut Harvesters Support Programs (NHSP) are intended to relieve poverty among Inuit in Nunavut and to preserve and advance Inuit harvesting culture, heritage and traditional ways of life by providing Inuit in need with funding assistance to purchase harvesting equipment.
The NHSP Harvesting Equipment Program provides Inuit in Nunavut who are in need with funding assistance to make harvesting equipment and tools more affordable so they can participate in traditional harvesting activities. An applicant is considered in need if they need financial assistance to purchase harvesting equipment required to support their family and/or community. They are also considered in need if they have suffered equipment loss due to an unavoidable natural disaster.
Funding will be provided in six areas:
- Funding assistance for the purchase of small harvesting equipment
- Funding assistance for the purchase of safety equipment
- Funding assistance for disaster relief
- Insurance coverage for small equipment
- Insurance coverage for safety equipment
- Insurance coverage for large harvesting equipment
Harvesting Equipment Program Manual
ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᒃᑎᓄᑦ ᐃᑲᔫᑎᒃᓴᑦ (NHSP) ᓄᓇᓖᑦ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᒃᑎᑦᓯᓂᖓᓄᑦ ᐃᑯᓪᓚᐅᒥᒍᑕᐅᓇᓱᐊᖅᑐᖅ ᑳᖃᑦᑕᖁᓇᒋᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓴᐳᔾᔨᓯᒪᒍᑎᒃᓴᐅᖁᓪᓗᒍ ᐱᕚᓪᓕᕈᑕᐅᖁᓪᓗᒍᓗ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᐊᖑᓇᓲᓯᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᕐᒥᑎᒍᑦ, ᐱᖅᑯᓯᕐᒥᑎᒍᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐱᖅᑯᓯᑐᖃᕐᒥᑎᒍᑦ ᐃᓕᖅᑯᓯᕐᒥᒍᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓄᖕᓂᒃ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᒋᐊᓕᓐᓂᒃ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᑎᒍᑦ ᐃᑲᔫᑎᒃᓴᑎᒍᑦ ᓂᐅᕕᕈᑎᒃᓴᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐊᖑᓇᓲᑎᒃᓴᒥᒃ ᐱᖁᑎᒥᒃ.
NHSP ᐊᖑᓇᓲᑎᓂᒃ ᐱᖁᑎᓂᒃ ᐃᑲᔫᑎ ᐃᓄᖕᓄᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᒋᐊᓕᓐᓄᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᑎᒍᑦ ᐃᑲᔫᑎᓄᑦ ᐊᖑᓇᓲᑏᑦ ᐱᖁᑏᑦ ᓱᓇᒃᑯᑖᓪᓗ ᐅᓇᒻᒥᓇᕐᓂᕐᓴᐅᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᓂᐅᕕᐊᕆᓗᒋᑦ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᖃᑕᐅᔪᓐᓇᕈᑎᒃᓴᑦ ᐱᖅᑯᓯᒃᑯᑦ. ᑐᒃᓯᕋᖅᑐᖅ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᔭᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖓ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᖅ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᑎᒍᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᔭᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖓ ᓂᐅᕕᕈᓐᓇᖁᓪᓗᒍ ᐊᖑᓇᓲᑎᓂᒃ ᐱᖁᑎᑖᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖓᓂᒃ ᐃᑲᔫᑎᒃᓴᖓᓂᒃ ᐃᓚᒥᓄᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ/ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᓄᓇᓕᖕᓄᑦ. ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᔭᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᕋᖅᑕᐅᒻᒥᔪᖅ ᐱᖁᑎᓂᒃ ᔭᒐᐃᓐᓂᕐᐸᑦ ᐱᔮᖅᑯᑕᐅᓐᖏᑦᑐᒥ ᐊᓯᖅᑯᑉᕕᖃᕋᓂ ᓯᓚ ᐱᔾᔪᑕᐅᓗᓂ ᐱᕐᕈᓗᑦᑐᒥᓂᕐᒧᑦ.
- ᑮᓇᐅᔭᑎᒍᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᔾᔪᑎ ᓂᐅᕕᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐱᖁᑎᕋᓛᒥᒃ ᐊᖑᓇᓲᑎᒃᓴᒥᒃ
- ᑮᓇᐅᔭᑎᒍᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᔾᔪᑎ ᓂᐅᕕᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᑦᑕᓇᐃᕐᓯᒪᒍᑎᒃᓴᒥᒃ ᐱᖁᑎᒥᒃ
- ᑮᓇᐅᔭᑎᒍᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑕᐅᔾᔪᑎ ᐱᕐᕈᓗᐊᕿᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐃᑲᔫᑎᒥᒃ
- ᓇᓪᓕᐅᒃᑯᒫᑦ ᒥᑭᔪᓄᑦ ᐱᖁᑎᓄᑦ
- ᓇᓪᓕᐅᒃᑯᒫᑦ ᐊᑦᑕᕐᓇᐃᔭᐃᒃᑯᑎᓄᑦ ᐱᖁᑎᓄᑦ
- ᓇᓪᓕᐅᒃᑯᒫᑦ ᐊᖏᔪᓄᑦ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᒋᐊᕈᑎᓄᑦ
ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᒃᑎᓄᑦ ᐃᑲᔫᑎᒃᓴᑦ ᐊᖑᓇᓲᑎᒃᓴᓄᑦ ᐱᖁᑎᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᐊᕐᓯᔾᔪᑏᑦ