The Qikiqtani Inuit Association 2018-2019 Annual Report is now available
The 2018-2019 QIA Annual Report has a new look and captures the highlights of our work throughout the past year.
Checkout the report and learn about what we accomplished through our punchy articles, eye-catching photos and innovative graphics.
The annual report provides Inuit an overview of all the documents we have produced this year and points to where the original documents can be found on our website.
It’s been an incredible year at QIA! The highlights of our activities include:
- Finalizing the Tallurutiup Imanga IIBA and negotiating interim protection for Tuvaijuittuq Marine Protected Area
- Negotiatung over $251 million in investments and benefits for Inuit in the High Arctic, including jobs and marine infrastructure
- Receiving an apology from the Government of Canada and an acknowledgement of the findings from the Qikiqtani Truth Commission
- Receiving an Initial investment of $15 million for our Legacy Fund and $5 million for cultural and healing programs
- Amending the Mary River IIBA and securing more money for Inuit training, including $10 million towards building an Inuittraining centre in Pond Inlet
- Seeing more Inuit graduate from The Qikiqtani Skills and Training for Employment Partnership (Q-STEP) and get good jobs
- Completing our first full year of the new Benefits Fund programs and seeing our daycare subsidy at work, as well as our early childhood learning resources
Looking back, 2018-19 has been an exceptional year for QIA.
Our staff and board members have accomplished tremendous work on projects and initiatives that serve Qikiqtani Inuit. We can’t wait to see what else we’ll accomplish next year!