Hunters wanted – become a wildlife monitor – Pond Inlet
QIA is looking for people to be part of the CBM (community based monitoring) in Pond Inlet. The CBM involves seasonal contract work from July to October, 2019 to:
- Go out on the land and hunt
- Record information on animals caught
- Report back weekly on information collected
No monitor experience is needed – we will train you. Upcoming training includes:
- How to record your hunt using forms and/or Apps, GPS and satellite communicator.
- Wilderness first aid
- Firearms safety/license (used to be called F.A.C.)
QIA will provide:
- a GPS
- InReach communicator
- survival bag
- recording forms
- gas/oil and
- contract salary
Interested hunters need their own boat and hunting equipment.
For more information please call 800-667-2742 – ask for Steven Lonsdale.
Deadline to apply is July 24 @ 12PM.