QIA is looking for people to be part of the CBM (community based monitoring) in Pond Inlet. The CBM involves seasonal contract work from July to October, 2019 to:
- Go out on the land and hunt
- Record information on animals caught
- Report back weekly on information collected
No monitor experience is needed – we will train you. Upcoming training includes:
- How to record your hunt using forms and/or Apps, GPS and satellite communicator.
- Wilderness first aid
- Firearms safety/license (used to be called F.A.C.)
QIA will provide:
- a GPS
- InReach communicator
- survival bag
- recording forms
- gas/oil and
- contract salary
Interested hunters need their own boat and hunting equipment.
For more information please call 800-667-2742 – ask for Steven Lonsdale.
Deadline to apply is July 24 @ 12PM.