Blog: Board of Directors appoints Members and assigns portfolios
QIA’s Board of Directors appointed two new Members at Large to its Executive Committee, and assigned portfolios to its new Executive Committee Members on Jan. 13 at its Board of Directors meeting in Iqaluit.
The Board of Directors appointed Liza Ningiuk and Jeremy Tunraluk as Members at Large. Liza is a Community Director for Grise Fiord, she will be serving her second term as a Member at Large on the Executive Committee. Jeremy is a newly elected Community Director from Arctic Bay.
Liza and Jeremy are joining Tommy Akavak, Member at Large for Kimmirut, P.J. Akeeagok, President, Olayuk Akesuk, Vice-president, and Levi Barnabas, Secretary-treasurer on QIA’s Executive Committee.
Here is a list of portfolios assignments:
- Qikiqtaaluk Corporation Chairperson: Olayuk Akesuk
- Kakavak Association Chairperson: Jeremy Tunraluk
- Joint Executive Committee for MRP co-chair: Levi Barnabas
- Mary River Environmental Assessment lead: Levi Barnabas
- Social Policy Committee Chairperson: Liza Ningiuk
- Qikiqtani Truth Commission Chairperson: Liza Ningiuk
- Benefits Fund Committee: Tommy Akavak
- IQ and Engagement Lead: Olayuk Akesuk
- Marine and Wildlife chairperson: Levi Barnabas
- Lands and Resources Chairperson: Jeremy Tunraluk
- (NTI) Inuit Social Development Advisory Committee: Liza Ningiuk
- (NTI) Nunavut Inuit Wildlife Committee: Tommy Akavak
- (NTI) Infrastructure and housing advisory committee: Olayuk Akesuk
- Ilagiiktunut Chair: Tommy Akavak