EVENT: Advance polls for QIA and NTI elections
DATE OF EVENT: December 5, 2016
On Dec. 5, polling stations will be open in all Qikiqtani communities for anyone wishing to vote in advance in the Qikiqtani Inuit Association and Nunavut Tunngavik elections.
Inuit who are unable to go to one of the polling stations and would like to vote via proxy with the help of another Inuk can have their vote cast in the advance polls or on Election Day on Dec. 12.
Any eligible voter who is not on the voters list, can still vote by signing a Declaration of Eligibility at the polling station.
The location of advance polling stations in the Qikiqtani region:
- Arctic Bay – Hamlet Chambers
- Cape Dorset – Community Hall
- Clyde River – Hamlet Chambers
- Grise Fiord – Community Hall
- Hall Beach – Hamlet Chambers
- Igloolik – Hamlet Chambers
- Iqaluit – Igluvut Building
- Kimmirut – Council Chambers
- Pannirtuuq – Community Hall
- Pond Inlet – Community Hall
- Qikiqtarjuaq – Community Hall
- Resolute Bay – Hamlet Chambers
- Sanikiluaq – Hamlet Chambers
For more information, please contact:
Chief Returning Officer
Office of the CRO
c/o Ayaya Communications